Creating an assignment with a bibliography
Begin by choosing the assignments tab, then selecting the assignment you are working on.
Once you are editing a draft or published assignment, choose the Options and Requirements tab and the Bibliography tab.
If your assignment does not require a bibliography, simply leave the "Enable bibliography and citation features?" unchecked, and your students will not see the bibliography tab in their assignment library.
If the features are enabled, you can specify the citation style which will be used, such as MLA, APA, and Chicago, and control additional features such as specifying whether to use an annotated bibliography and/or split bibliography, needed for National History Day projects.
Under the bibliography tab, simply select the check box to enable each function.
- set the number of sources required*
- choose an annotated bibliography for this assignment
- choose to set a word count requirement for citation annotations** (if using an annotated bibliography)
- select a split bibliography
* Enabling the number of sources requirement, even when set to 0 will cause the assignment dashboard to show a metric with the number added to the bibliography.
**We call these citation annotations to avoid confusion with annotations such as highlights, comments, and other features offered in Scrible. Enabling the word count requirement, even when set to 0 will cause the assignment dashboard to show a metric with the number of sources meeting the requirement.
Click here to learn more about assignments
Click here to watch the video UEN + Scrible: Creating Assignments in Scrible
We love hearing from you! Please share your requests and feedback with us.
Thank you for using Scrible!