Teachers - Getting Started with Scrible (with Google Apps for Education)
Here's some best practices for using Scrible with Google Apps for Education.
- To sign up/in to Scrible, in a browser where they are signed into their school Google Account, just have them click the button on the Scrible Sign-In page.
- The first time, they'll need to authorize Scrible to
access the requested permissions, and then complete their account information for Scrible. After that, when they click this button to sign in, they'll be taken straight into their account.
Installing Scrible Tools
- If you're having trouble with the Toolbar, please click the Megaphone icon () near the right end. This will open up the help form and it includes extra logging information from the Toolbar in the report which may help us determine what caused the problem.
- If your students can't receive external emails and they submit support requests, please have them include a teacher email address we can reply to.
- If teachers are submitting a request on behalf of a student, please ask them to include the student's email address to aid us in finding the correct account when researching the issue.
Scrible can sync rosters from Google Classroom. To enable this, head to your Classroom page in Scrible and click the "Sync classes" button. Next choose "Google Classroom" and then click the "Connect and Authorize" button. After this, head back to your Classroom page. The sync may take a minute, so you may need to refresh the page after a bit to see those come in. At this point, only your list of Classes from Google Classroom has been synced. You can then enable syncing the student rosters from individual classes where you want to use Scrible. Class rosters will be periodically synced automatically, but if you have made changes in Google Classroom you need to pick up before that, just click the "Update" button on that class to immediately sync those.