Do I have to enable 3rd party cookies?
If you do not enable 3rd party cookies, you will need to add exceptions for scrible.com for the toolbar to work.
After making these changes, please test saving a page to make sure your configuration works (IMPORTANT - do NOT test on a page from www.scrible.com as that would not test the 3rd party cookies).
- For Firefox: Preferences->"Privacy" tab
- In the History section select the "Use custom settings for history".
- Click the "Exceptions" button next to "Accept cookies from sites".
- Enter "https://www.scrible.com" and click "Allow".
- Enter "http://www.scrible.com" and click "Allow".
- For Chrome/Chromium:
- Paste "chrome://settings/content/cookies" to the URL bar
- OR Click on the Settings button (the 3 vertical dots to the right of the address bar) and choose "Settings" from the dropdown menu. In the "Privacy and Security" section click on "Site Settings". Then in the "Permissions" area click on "Cookies and site data" option.
- THEN: In the "Allow" section of the Cookies page, click "Add" and enter "[*.]scrible.com" (without the quotes) and click the "Add" button.
- For Microsoft Edge:
- Paste "edge://settings/privacy/trackingPreventionExceptions" in the URL bar
- Then click the "Add a site" button and enter "[*.]scrible.com" (without the quotes) and click the "Add" button.
- Safari: Recent updates to Safari's Cookie handling prevent our Toolbar from being able to see that you have signed into Scrible, regardless of the cookie settings. We are working on a workaround for this, but at this point, you'll need to use a different browser.
- Specific instructions for other browsers will be added in the future