Do I have to enable 3rd party cookies?
If you do not enable 3rd party cookies, you will need to add exceptions for scrible.com and/or www.scrible.com for the toolbar to work (depending on your browser) or else your current login may not be remembered between pages.
After making these changes, please test saving a page to make sure your configuration works (IMPORTANT - do not test on a page from www.scrible.com as that would not test the 3rd party cookies).
- For Firefox: Preferences->"Privacy" tab->History section: must select the "Use custom settings for history". Click the "Exceptions" button next to "Accept cookies from sites". Now enter "https://www.scrible.com" and click "Allow". Then enter "http://www.scrible.com" and click "Allow". Test to make sure you can save a page.
- For Chrome/Chromium:
- Paste "chrome://settings/content/cookies" to the URL bar
- OR Click on the Settings button (the 3 vertical dots to the right of the address bar) and choose "Settings" from the dropdown menu. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Advanced". In the "Privacy and Security" section, click "Content Settings" (the second to last item in that section). Click on "Cookies" (first item).
- THEN: In the "Allow" section of the Cookies page, click "Add" and enter "[*.]scrible.com" (without the quotes) and click the "Add" button.
- Safari: Due to a bug in recent versions of Safari's privacy handling, you must enable all cookies for now for the toolbar to be able to see that you have signed in.
- Specific instructions for other browsers will be added in the future